Deliverable 2.3 Lessons and recommendations document to regional authorities and policy makers provides lessons and recommendations to regional authorities and policy makers in recipient regions based on the success factors identified in model regions. Even if the document targets Normandy, Lisboa/Alentejo and Lubelskie, the lessons and recommendations highlighted can be transferred to any European region. Five main lessons and recommendations have been identified :
- Structuring the offer of wood waste products: classification ;
- Increase of the exploitable deposit by enhancing collection and reducing landfill ;
- Developing sorting of different classes of wood waste ;
- Promoting the development of material recovery in panels ;
- Developing and optimizing the energy recovery of waste.